Vegan Pecan Tart
Author: Carolina Molea
Servings: 8 tartlets
- 400g Gluten Free Flour
- 60g Pecan Flour
- 40g Corn Starch
- 5g Guar Gum (sub. xanthan gum)
- 160g Confectioners Sugar
- 4g Salt
- 236g Vegan Butter (Violife Brand)
- 85g Reduced Aquafaba (sub. flax egg)
- 10g Maple Syrup
VEGAN RUM CARAMEL
- 130g Almond Creamer
- 75g Deodorized Coconut Oil
- 20g Invert Sugar
- 20g Glucose Syrup
- 200g Sugar
- 45g Vegan Milk Chocolate
- 15g PROVA Gourmet Fusion Rum
- 234g Gluten-Free Flour
- 336g Pecan Flour
- 27g Corn Starch
- 501g Almond Milk
- 5g Locust Bean Gum
- 38g Soya Whip
- 450g Cane Sugar
- 410g Pecan Praline
- 2ea Pears (diced)
- 83g Almond Cream
- 117g Brown Sugar
- 10g Modified Corn Starch
- 1g Cinnamon
- 1g Kosher Salt
- 67g Maple Syrup
- 47g Deodorized Coconut Oil
- 7g PROVA Gourmet Pure Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 5g Citrus Fiber
- 200g Pecans (toasted, chopped)
- 20g PROVA Gourmet Fusion Vanilla
- 280g Vegan White Chocolate
- 1g Salt
- 564g Almond Cream
- 6g Pectin NX58
- 10g Inulin Hot
- 119g Coconut Oil
- 1. Sift gluten-free flour, pecan flour, corn starch, guar/xanthan gum, confectioners’ sugar, and salt. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cut in cold vegan butter until it reaches a sandy texture.
- 2. Whisk aquafaba and maple syrup; blend into the mixture to form dough. Flatten into a disc, wrap, chill for 1 hour.
- 3. Roll dough to 1/4 inch, line tart rings and freeze.
- 4. Bake at 320°F for about 12 minutes, keep in mind that this is a gluten-free tart, and it will be lighter in color.
- 5. Brush melted cocoa butter to help preserve the tarts.
VEGAN RUM CARAMEL
- 1. In a saucepan, mix together cream, coconut oil, inverted sugar, and glucose syrup. Heat the mixture to 80°C (176°F), stirring to ensure everything is well combined. Set it aside.
- 2. Place a second saucepan over low heat and add the sugar in 2-3 parts. Keep a close eye on the sugar as it melts. Stir continuously to prevent burning.
- 3. Once the sugar has melted and turned into a deep amber color (180°C or 356°F), slowly pour in the cream mixture in stages. Whisk vigorously while adding to incorporate. Be cautious as it may bubble up.
- 4. To achieve a soft, gooey caramel, turn up the stove to medium-high heat while whisking constantly. Cook the caramel until it reaches 114°C (237°F).
- 5. As soon as it reaches 114°C, remove the caramel from the heat source and allow it to stop bubbling.
- 6. Once the bubbling ceases, add the vegan milk chocolate, Fusion Rum and emulsify with a hand blender for a minute.
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- 2. Combine gluten free flour, pecan flour, and cornstarch; sift and reserve.
- 3. Bloom locust bean gum in almond milk, then whisk in soya whip.
- 4. Whip soya whip to soft peaks, gradually add sugar until firm peaks form.
- 5. Fold sifted flour mixture into meringue in stages to maintain aeration.
- 6. Gently fold in pecan praline and diced pears until homogenous.
- 7. Pipe onto prepared sheet pan.
- 8. Bake at 330°F until golden and firm to the touch, approximately 12-15 minutes.
- 1. In a saucepan, combine almond cream, brown sugar, modified corn starch, cinnamon, and salt.
- 2. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to 90°C, just below boiling, to dissolve the sugar and spices fully and activate the modified corn starch. Remove from heat.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and citrus fiber and emulsify until smooth.
- 4. Slowly incorporate the hot cream base (Mix 1) into the syrup blend (Mix 2), ensuring constant movement to create an emulsion.
- 5. Fold in chopped toasted pecan nuts with a rubber spatula until evenly distributed.
- 6. Transfer the mixture to silicon molds of your preference.
- 7. Bake at 340°F for 8 minutes or until set and the edges are caramelized.
- 1. Combine white chocolate, Vanilla FUSION Cocoa Butter, and salt in a heatproof bowl. Melt over a bain-marie or gently in the microwave, stirring until smooth.
- 2. Warm Almond Cream to 50°C.
- 3. Sprinkle in Pectin NX58 and Inulin Hot while stirring to prevent clumping.
- 4. Continue to stir the cream mixture; once fully incorporated, use an immersion blender for thorough mixing.
- 5. Increase the temperature of the cream mixture to 85°C, ensuring activation of the hydrocolloids.
- 6. Pour the hot cream mixture over the melted chocolate mixture.
- 7. Use an immersion blender to emulsify, creating a smooth, homogenized ganache. Blend in cold coconut oil until completely incorporated. Continue to blend for an additional 2 minutes to ensure stability.
- 8. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours to crystallize the ganache.
- 9. After crystallization, whip at medium speed the ganache to soft peak and refrigerate before use.
- 1. Pipe the vegan rum caramel into a baked tartlet shell.
- 2. Put the sponge disk inside and press gently to stick it well.
- 3. Put the crunchy disk on top of the sponge.
- 4. Pipe the whipped ganache on top of each tart.
- 5. Decorate the tarts with candied pecans and edible gold leaf.