Vanilla Ghost Marshmallows
Author: Karina Rivera
Servings: 30 each
- 16g Silver Gelatin Sheet (sub. 11.3 g powder gelatin)
- 230g Granulated Sugar
- 70g Water
- 24g Glucose Syrup
- 16g PROVA Gourmet Pure Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 90g Egg Whites
- as needed Black Food Dye
- 1. Soak the gelatin in ice water until soft; squeeze out excess water and set aside.
- 2. In a small pot, cook sugar, water, and glucose. When syrup reaches 230°F, start whipping the egg whites, and once it reaches 240°F slowly pour syrup into whipped whites.
- 3. Continue whipping on high speed until the meringue rises. Melt the gelatin in the microwave and add to the meringue while whipping.
- 4. Keep whipping for 2 more minutes.
- 5. Separate a small amount of marshmallow and add black food dye, to make the eyes and mouth of the ghosts.
- 6. Transfer remaining marshmallow to a piping bag fitted with a nozzle attachment.
- 7. Pipe free-form ghosts onto prepared sheet tray and finish with black marshmallow to make eyes and mouth. Let rest for 1 hour at room temperature to set.