Uganda Vanilla Nutmeg & Peanut Entremets
Author: Tristan Rousselot
- 152g Butter, unsalted
- 3ea Clove
- 1ea PROVA Gourmet Uganda Vanilla Bean (split and scraped)
- 0.5ea Nutmeg (grated)
- 82g Acacia Honey
- 215g Icing Sugar (sifted)
- 107g Ground Hazelnuts (unblanched)
- 107g Bread Flour
- 2g Baking Powder
- 2g Salt, fine
- 232g Egg Whites (room temperature)
- 300g Peanuts (unsalted)
- 200g Sugar
- 5g Fleur de Sel
- 1ea PROVA Gourmet Uganda Vanilla Bean (dried, split, and scraped)
- 300g Whole Milk
- 100g Peanuts (roasted)
- 1ea PROVA Gourmet Uganda Vanilla Bean (split and scrapped)
- 100g Sugar (1)
- 46g Egg Yolk
- 16g Sugar (2)
- 23g Cornstarch
- 1g Salt, fine
- 9g Hydrated Gelatin
- 150g Butter, unsalted (cubed, frozen)
- 300g Whipping Cream (1)
- 2ea PROVA Gourmet Uganda Vanilla Bean (split and scraped)
- 1ea Clove
- 0.1ea Nutmeg (grated)
- 150g White Chocolate Couverture
- 300g Whipping Cream (2)
- 100g Peanuts (roasted, chopped)
- 30g Invert Sugar
- 12pcs White Round Cake Board (10 centimeters)
- 10g PROVA Gourmet Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Powder
- 200g PROVA Gourmet Pastry Caramel
NUTMEG & CLOVE SPONGE
- In a saucepan brown butter with split and scraped vanilla, cloves, and grated nutmeg. Strain hot butter over honey and mix well.
- In a bowl combine icing sugar, ground hazelnuts, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add egg whites and combine until well mixed.
- Finish by adding warm brown butter mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Roast peanuts in a convection oven at 320°F for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Heat sugar until reaches a brown caramel, then allow it to cool on a baking mat.
- In a food processor, combine roasted peanuts, caramel, fleur de sel, and dried, scraped bean. Process until fully blended and transfer to a piping bag.
- In a saucepot heat milk, with roasted peanuts and split vanilla bean with seeds. Allow to infuse overnight.
- The following day, strain and make up the weight of any lost milk, reheat.
- Heat first quantity of sugar until it reaches a brown caramel and stop cooking process with hot infused milk.
- Beat egg yolks with second quantity of sugar, fine salt, and cornstarch. Make a crème pâtissière with the infused milk mixture.
- After cooking, add hydrated gelatin and butter. Stir until fully combined.
- In a saucepot, heat first quantity of cream with split vanilla bean and seeds, clove, and grated nutmeg. Allow to infuse overnight.
- The following day, strain and bring mixture to a boil. Pour over white chocolate couverture. Mix with hand blender. Add second quantity of cream and mix. Strain and leave to cool overnight.
- Grease 12 metal non-stick molds with softened butter and line with unbleached ground hazelnuts. Fill with sponge mixture about halfway full (60 g per mold). Bake in a convection oven at 320°F for about 20 minutes. Leave upside down to cool before removing from molds.
- Smooth caramel cream and place in piping bag with a 5 mm round tip.
- Place sponge base on white cake boards. Pipe a small amount of peanut praline in the center of each sponge, surround it with chopped peanuts, and pipe some of the caramel cream in the middle.
- Whip ganache and transfer to a piping bag with a 20 mm round tip. Pipe a ball of ganache in center to cover caramel cream. Hollow out the top with a spoon and fill with pastry caramel. Finish each entremet with a light sprinkle of vanilla powder.