Chouquettes with Vanilla Ganache
- 85g Whole Milk
- 85g Water
- 4g Salt
- 4g Sugar
- 70g Butter, unsalted (cubed)
- 100g Cake Flour (sifted)
- 151g Whole Eggs
- 150g Swedish Pearl Sugar
- 22.5g Water
- 4.5g Gelatin, powdered
- 270g Heavy Cream
- 91g White Chocolate
- 14g PROVA Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- In a pot over medium high heat combine milk, water, salt, sugar, and cubed butter. Bring to a boil and add sifted flour. Beat over heat until flour is fully hydrated and dough begins to pull away from the pan.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix at medium speed until dough has cooled to 140°F.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated before adding the next. Dough should be smooth and thick.
- Transfer to a piping bag with a #10 pastry tip. Pipe into mounds with 3/4 inch diameter. Generously sprinkle with pearl sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a convection oven with a low fan at 320°F.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine water and powder gelatin and set aside.
- Bring heavy cream to a boil. Place white chocolate, hydrated gelatin mass, and vanilla in a bowl. Pour over with hot cream and mix until mixture is homogenous. Cool completely.
- Place solidified ganache in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Whip until lightened and place in a piping bag with a #6 pastry tip. Hold refrigerated until needed.
- Cut a whole in the bottom of chouquette. Fill with ganache.